All Quotes From NKJV
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. James 1:22-25
Let’s Do It!
Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. Ephesians 4:25
- Do this: Stop lying.
- Don’t do this: Lie.
- Do this: Tell the truth always.
- Don’t do this: Make up lies and falsehoods.
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
- Do this: Be honest about everything.
- Don’t do this: Be corrupt about everything.
- Do this: Be uplifting and edifying to impart grace to others.
- Don’t do this: Be negative, belittling, and nasty to destroy others.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30
- Do this: Make the Holy Spirit of God Happy by obeying Him.
- Don’t do this: Be disobedient to God and bring grief to the Holy Spirit in you!
- Do this: Remember your redemption.
- Don’t do this: Forget about your redemption
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. Ephesians 4:31
- Do this: Get rid of your bitterness and become sweetness in the Lord.
- Don’t do this: Be bitter about everything, becoming the bitter waters of Marah.
- Do this: Get rid of your wrath and become equanimous towards all.
- Don’t do this: Explode in wrath when things go against you.
- Do this: Get rid of anger, in annoyance, displeasure, or hostility of temper and become coolheadedness, levelheadedness and tranquil in temperament.
- Don’t do this: Burn with anger from everything and about everyone who hurts you.
- Do this: Get rid of clamor. The big mouth must go and quietness, stillness, and peace must flow from your lips.
- Don’t do this: Be clamorous about and degrading to all around you.
- Do this: Stop your evil speaking in gossips, lies, falsehoods, and vicious accusations. Speak blessings. Bless those who curse you and love your enemies.
- Don’t do this: Speak evil towards anyone, from your parents, bosses, friends, enemies, etc.
- Do this: Get rid of malice. Stop trying to intentionally hurt or put down people by becoming benevolent.
- Don’t do this: Have malice towards all and no charity to anyone.
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
- Do this: Be kind, be considerate, be willing to assist, be conciliatory as God and Christ are to you.
- Don’t do this: Be unkind, cruel, hateful, inhumane, and merciless to those around you.
- Do this: Be tenderhearted. Having a heart of sympathy and consideration towards others as God and Christ had to you.
- Don’t do this: Be hard-hearted, cold-blooded, callous and stony towards others.
- Do this: Be forgiving towards all as God and Christ forgave you.
- Don’t do this: Hold onto the bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, evil speaking and malice of unforgiveness.
How opposite God’s ways are from our ways. I wonder how the world would change around us if we were doers of the Word? Let us get rid of me and take in the Life of Christ. Our freedom comes in living and doing the Word. Think about this; Are you a hearer of the Word only or do you do what you hear?
© Guy P. Calandra